ASCENT’s (Administrator Support Community for ENT) mission is to provide the best resources, education and networking for otolaryngology practices. The variety of resources available to their members cover topics from new employee training to a discussion forum staffed by administrator professionals.
Popular resources offered by ASCENT include the many education and professional development offerings. Among these are:
- The COPM (Certification in Otolaryngology Practice Management) is designed for management professionals who work in an ENT practice. Receiving this certification signifies success in a leadership role and the ability to manage a practice in the most professional and resourceful manner.
- The COMP-C (Certification in Otolaryngology Practice Management – Corporate) is designed for individuals working for companies that support ENT practices. Passing this exam demonstrates the knowledge to effectively assist with advancing otolaryngology practice management through consultations, sales and education.
- Multiple webinars are released each month as well as more then 100 pre-recorded ones. Most of the webinars award Continuing Education Units (CEUs) by ASCENT; one CEU is granted for each hour of programming completed.
- Self-learning modules are available as part of AOA University. These modules can serve as refreshers for current employees or as part of your new hire training program. Modules cover a variety of topics, from basic finance to active shooter training. Modules are about 20 minutes long and each contains a post-test at the end. A certificate will be awarded after the module and post-test are successfully completed. All modules are available for purchase in the AOA store. Once the module is purchased, usage is unlimited.
- ASCENT partners with the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid (CMS) as a Medicare Learning Network (MLN) partner. Through this partnership, members receive timely news through newsletters, emails and the website.
- Members also receive a discount on all SuperCoder resources purchased through the ASCENT website. SuperCoder offers tools and resources to help otolaryngology coders and their practices cover difficult ENT coding, billing and compliance issues.
Fuel Medical Group is proud to partner with ASCENT and boasts the largest number of employees holding the COPM-C certification in our industry. We believe in the value of the resources ASCENT provides and strongly encourage our members to utilize them for professional development. If you would like to learn more about ASCENT and the benefits of becoming an ASCENT member, visit askascent.org or reach out to your regional manager.